Kings XI Punjab announce IPL squad
- Solar scam: Kerala CM Oommen Chandy moves High Court against vigilance court order
- Workplace complaints high with both SC, ST panels
- Bhubaneswar leads Govt’s Smart City list, Rs 50,802 crore to be invested over five years
- Dead whale washes ashore at Mumbai's Juhu beach
- Zika virus is 'spreading explosively', says UN health chief
After inducting England batsman Ravi Bopara at three times his base price and West Indian pacer Jerome Taylor in their ranks, Kings XI Punjab has announced their squad for the second edition of the Indian Premier League.
Bopara was bought by the Mohali team for USD 450,000 while Taylor cost them USD 150,000.
With the duo in their squad, Kings XI now have six Australians, two Sri Lankans, an English player and a West Indian cricketer which makes their quota of 10 international players, a media release said.
The international Players are Brett Lee (Fast bowler), James Hopes (All rounder), Shaun Marsh (batsman), Luke Pomersbach (batsman), Simon Katich (batsman), Burt Cockley (fast bowler) -- all from Australia -- Kumar Sangakkara (batsman/wicketkeeper), Mahela Jayawardene (batsman) – both from Sri Lanka -- England's Ravi Bopara (all-rounder) and West Indies' Jereme Taylor (fast bowler).
Team India Players: Yuvraj Singh (batsman), Irfan Pathan (all rounder), S Sreesanth (fast bowler), R Powar (off spinner), VRV Singh (fast bowler) and Piyush Chawla (leg spinner).
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies
- The Council of Islamic Ideology symbolises a contagion of pious madness
- India cannot continue to fight a 21st century battle with 19th century institutions
- Odd-even policy took on pollution. Now address congestion.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?