Kiran Bedi disagrees with Anna, backs amended Lokpal Bill
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- With Anna men in âwar roomâ, AAP-like ideas on table, Mamata dreams national
- Kejriwal kicks off campaign taking on Ambani, media, says all bought
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
- Worried RSS plans inductions in BJP to âreformâ partyâs image
Differing with Anna Hazare on the amended Lokpal Bill approved by the Union Cabinet, his team member and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi today backed the legislation saying it addresses most of their concerns.
Bedi also expressed happiness over the amended Bill paving the way for constitution of a collegium to select the chief of Central Bureau of Investigation.
"From nothing to something to more, as we move on! This is how we can read the lokpal bill! Unless we want to stay at nothing!" she tweeted.
She also most of the concerns have been addressed in the draft and cited the appointment of CBI chief and other changes as positive ones.
"(CBI's) its Anti Corruption wing has been brought under oversight of Lokpal. Which is what we needed!" she said.
The activist said, "It is open to opposition parties to improve the Lokpal as part of their manifesto!"
Her remarks contradict Anna Hazare's stand that the amended Lokpal bill was a "farce". He also announced he will launch another agitation if the government went ahead with the enactment of a "weak" legislation.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients