Kiran Bedi disagrees with Anna, backs amended Lokpal Bill
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Differing with Anna Hazare on the amended Lokpal Bill approved by the Union Cabinet, his team member and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi today backed the legislation saying it addresses most of their concerns.
Bedi also expressed happiness over the amended Bill paving the way for constitution of a collegium to select the chief of Central Bureau of Investigation.
"From nothing to something to more, as we move on! This is how we can read the lokpal bill! Unless we want to stay at nothing!" she tweeted.
She also most of the concerns have been addressed in the draft and cited the appointment of CBI chief and other changes as positive ones.
"(CBI's) its Anti Corruption wing has been brought under oversight of Lokpal. Which is what we needed!" she said.
The activist said, "It is open to opposition parties to improve the Lokpal as part of their manifesto!"