Kiran Bedi disagrees with Anna, backs amended Lokpal Bill
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Differing with Anna Hazare on the amended Lokpal Bill approved by the Union Cabinet, his team member and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi today backed the legislation saying it addresses most of their concerns.
Bedi also expressed happiness over the amended Bill paving the way for constitution of a collegium to select the chief of Central Bureau of Investigation.
"From nothing to something to more, as we move on! This is how we can read the lokpal bill! Unless we want to stay at nothing!" she tweeted.
She also most of the concerns have been addressed in the draft and cited the appointment of CBI chief and other changes as positive ones.
"(CBI's) its Anti Corruption wing has been brought under oversight of Lokpal. Which is what we needed!" she said.
The activist said, "It is open to opposition parties to improve the Lokpal as part of their manifesto!"
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy