Kiran Bedi will be happy if Lok Pal Bill is passed
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Dr Kiran Bedi, India's first woman Indian Police Service (IPS) officer and a close aide of Anna Hazare today said that she will be happy if Lok Sabha passed the Lok Pal Bill including Select Committee's recommendations during budget session of the Parliament.
The Lok Pal Bill, which was passed by Lok Sabha last year, had been sent to select committee following opposition hurdles in Rajya Sabha on its various provisions especially making it mandatory for states for set up Lokayuktas. The select committee in its report tabled in the Rajya Sabha recommended delinking the issue of creating Lokayuktas in states from the Central bill.
"I will be happy if the bill carrying select committee recommendations is passed in Lok Sabha during the budget session,'' she said, adding that she will be accompanying Anna Hazare at his public rally in Patna on January 30. Kiran Bedi was in Jammu today to attend a seminar on woman empowerment and a function to distribute scholarships among students of Aryan Group of Colleges, Chandigarh.