Kiran is a hands-on mother, says Aamir Khan
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
Actor Aamir Khan says his wife Kiran is a hands-on mother and is enjoying motherhood.
On December 1 last year, the couple became proud parents of Azad Rao Khan. The baby was born through IVF to a surrogate mother.
Aamir, whose film 'Talaash' released last Friday, says due to his work commitments he does not get to spend enough time with his son.
"I am not a hands-on dad on a daily basis. My responsibilities towards work doesn't allow me to do that. But I really like to spend time with him. He is a real joy. He is a very happy child and good natured," Aamir said.
"Kiran is a hands-on mother. She is enjoying motherhood and that's what she wants to do. Once in a while I do try and give her a break but she brushes it aside," he said.
For Azad's first birthday bash, Aamir said, "On his birthday we plan to be at home with him along with close family members."
Meanwhile, Aamir says when it comes to films he does not consult wife Kiran, who is also a director.
"No, I don't consult her. When I am not sure I like to ask her. I like to keep it as a surprise. This she and I both consciously do. So when she watches the first cut, she is a fresh audience, she doesn't know about the script, she doesn't know what to expect. Sometimes I ask her to sit in for a narration," he said.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy