Kishore Kumar's son Amit to recreate 'Naino Mein Sapna' magic for new 'Himmatwala'
- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
Legendary playback singer Kishore Kumar's son Amit will be crooning the iconic song 'Naino Mein Sapna' in the remake version of Jeetendra-Sridevi starrer 'Himmatwala'.
Director Sajid Khan got Amit to re-record the chartbuster track in the new version of the film. Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore had lent their voices for the original song.
"We wanted to recreate the magic of 'Naino Mein Sapna' song. The original was sung by a legend for the male version..so we wanted someone who can do justice to the iconic song," Sajid said.
"Amit's voice is too good. I feel no one except Amit could have sung 'Naino Mein Sapna'. He has sung exactly like Kishore Kumarji," he said.
Shreya Ghoshal was chosen for the female voice. As the makers already had the rights to the song so they have retained first few lines from the original. The music has been given by Sajid-Wajid.
'Himmatwala' is the remake of the yesteryear's superhit film with the same name, starring Jeetendra and Sridevi. The new one has Ajay Devgn and southern star Tamanna Bhatia playing the main leads.