Kishore Kumar's son Amit to recreate 'Naino Mein Sapna' magic for new 'Himmatwala'
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
Legendary playback singer Kishore Kumar's son Amit will be crooning the iconic song 'Naino Mein Sapna' in the remake version of Jeetendra-Sridevi starrer 'Himmatwala'.
Director Sajid Khan got Amit to re-record the chartbuster track in the new version of the film. Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore had lent their voices for the original song.
"We wanted to recreate the magic of 'Naino Mein Sapna' song. The original was sung by a legend for the male version..so we wanted someone who can do justice to the iconic song," Sajid said.
"Amit's voice is too good. I feel no one except Amit could have sung 'Naino Mein Sapna'. He has sung exactly like Kishore Kumarji," he said.
Shreya Ghoshal was chosen for the female voice. As the makers already had the rights to the song so they have retained first few lines from the original. The music has been given by Sajid-Wajid.