Kite thread kills one in A’bad, 239 accidents across state
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
One man died when a kite thread got reportedly entangled in his neck while flying kites during the Makarsankranti festival in Ahmedabad a day earlier while 239 cases of accidental falls, injuries and assault cases were reported across the state.
The incident happened in Naroda area of Ahmedabad where a youth suffered a deep cut in neck with the kite thread. The 108 emergency services was called and he was rushed to the Ahmedabad Civil Hospital.
The emergency services officials said the kite thread had slit his neck and it was even found inside when doctors operated on him. He was declared dead in a few hours.
Another 115 cases of accidents were reported in Ahmedabad while 56 cases of falling down from terraces were recorded. However, in these cases, there were no casualties. There were another 10 assault cases where kite fliers got into scuffle and bashed up each other.
In Surat, four people reportedly fell down from terraces and seven road accident cases were reported. In Rajkot, two persons were injured when they fell down from terraces while 26 accident cases were reported due to kite fliers blocking traffic and flying kites close to main roads.
As many as 17 cases of accidents were reported in Vadodara during kite flying festival.