Kite thread kills one in A’bad, 239 accidents across state
One man died when a kite thread got reportedly entangled in his neck while flying kites during the Makarsankranti festival in Ahmedabad a day earlier while 239 cases of accidental falls, injuries and assault cases were reported across the state.
The incident happened in Naroda area of Ahmedabad where a youth suffered a deep cut in neck with the kite thread. The 108 emergency services was called and he was rushed to the Ahmedabad Civil Hospital.
The emergency services officials said the kite thread had slit his neck and it was even found inside when doctors operated on him. He was declared dead in a few hours.
Another 115 cases of accidents were reported in Ahmedabad while 56 cases of falling down from terraces were recorded. However, in these cases, there were no casualties. There were another 10 assault cases where kite fliers got into scuffle and bashed up each other.
In Surat, four people reportedly fell down from terraces and seven road accident cases were reported. In Rajkot, two persons were injured when they fell down from terraces while 26 accident cases were reported due to kite fliers blocking traffic and flying kites close to main roads.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia