KMC spent R 59.68 lakh on KKR win
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Kolkata: Kolkata Municipal Corporation on Wednesday said it spend around Rs 60 lakh to felicitate actor Shah Rukh Khan-owned Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for winning the IPL in 2012. "An amount of Rs 59.68 lakh from the Mayor's fund was spent to felicitate the winning KKR team," Mayor Shovan Chatterjee told the Opposition Left Front councillors. He also said no tenders were issued.
'8,780 hand-pulled rickshaws in city'
Kolkata: There are more than 8,000 hand-pulled rickshaws in Kolkata, according to Mayor Shovan Chatterjee. "As per KMC records, there are 8,780 licenced hand-pulled rickshaws in the metropolis," Chatterjee told KMC Councillors.
The Mayor said the KMC has taken a decision not to renew the licences for the hand-pulled rickshaws as the KMC wants to phase them out but no decision has been taken on this matter.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today