KMC spent R 59.68 lakh on KKR win
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Kolkata: Kolkata Municipal Corporation on Wednesday said it spend around Rs 60 lakh to felicitate actor Shah Rukh Khan-owned Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for winning the IPL in 2012. "An amount of Rs 59.68 lakh from the Mayor's fund was spent to felicitate the winning KKR team," Mayor Shovan Chatterjee told the Opposition Left Front councillors. He also said no tenders were issued.
'8,780 hand-pulled rickshaws in city'
Kolkata: There are more than 8,000 hand-pulled rickshaws in Kolkata, according to Mayor Shovan Chatterjee. "As per KMC records, there are 8,780 licenced hand-pulled rickshaws in the metropolis," Chatterjee told KMC Councillors.
The Mayor said the KMC has taken a decision not to renew the licences for the hand-pulled rickshaws as the KMC wants to phase them out but no decision has been taken on this matter.