KMC spent R 59.68 lakh on KKR win
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Kolkata: Kolkata Municipal Corporation on Wednesday said it spend around Rs 60 lakh to felicitate actor Shah Rukh Khan-owned Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for winning the IPL in 2012. "An amount of Rs 59.68 lakh from the Mayor's fund was spent to felicitate the winning KKR team," Mayor Shovan Chatterjee told the Opposition Left Front councillors. He also said no tenders were issued.
'8,780 hand-pulled rickshaws in city'
Kolkata: There are more than 8,000 hand-pulled rickshaws in Kolkata, according to Mayor Shovan Chatterjee. "As per KMC records, there are 8,780 licenced hand-pulled rickshaws in the metropolis," Chatterjee told KMC Councillors.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages