KMC told to decide on Ex-DG’s pension in 3 weeks
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The High Court on Friday directed the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) to take a decision within three weeks about the pension and other retirement benefits to be paid to Gautam Patanayak, retired Director General (Lighting) of the corporation. Patanayak filed a petition alleging that the KMC did not pay his pension and other retirement benefits after his retirement on November 30 last year. This comes after it was alleged that Patanayak was involved in the Trident lamp scam.
PIL against Feb 20, 21 strike
The Calcutta High Court on Friday admitted a PIL praying for direction for withdrawal of the February 20 and 21 nationwide general strike called by central trade unions.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid