KMC told to decide on Ex-DG’s pension in 3 weeks
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The High Court on Friday directed the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) to take a decision within three weeks about the pension and other retirement benefits to be paid to Gautam Patanayak, retired Director General (Lighting) of the corporation. Patanayak filed a petition alleging that the KMC did not pay his pension and other retirement benefits after his retirement on November 30 last year. This comes after it was alleged that Patanayak was involved in the Trident lamp scam.
PIL against Feb 20, 21 strike
The Calcutta High Court on Friday admitted a PIL praying for direction for withdrawal of the February 20 and 21 nationwide general strike called by central trade unions.