KMC told to decide on Ex-DG’s pension in 3 weeks
- LIVE: Centre tables Land Bill amidst cries of 'kisan bachao, desh bachao'
- Full text of Prashant Bhushan's reply to AAP's show cause notice
- SC refuses to dismiss NGT's ban on older vehicles
- Oil paper leak: Court takes cognisance of chargesheet filed against accused
- On Delhi’s edge, a township of 25,000 more toxic than Delhi
The High Court on Friday directed the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) to take a decision within three weeks about the pension and other retirement benefits to be paid to Gautam Patanayak, retired Director General (Lighting) of the corporation. Patanayak filed a petition alleging that the KMC did not pay his pension and other retirement benefits after his retirement on November 30 last year. This comes after it was alleged that Patanayak was involved in the Trident lamp scam.
PIL against Feb 20, 21 strike
The Calcutta High Court on Friday admitted a PIL praying for direction for withdrawal of the February 20 and 21 nationwide general strike called by central trade unions.