KMC told to decide on Ex-DG’s pension in 3 weeks
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
The High Court on Friday directed the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) to take a decision within three weeks about the pension and other retirement benefits to be paid to Gautam Patanayak, retired Director General (Lighting) of the corporation. Patanayak filed a petition alleging that the KMC did not pay his pension and other retirement benefits after his retirement on November 30 last year. This comes after it was alleged that Patanayak was involved in the Trident lamp scam.
PIL against Feb 20, 21 strike
The Calcutta High Court on Friday admitted a PIL praying for direction for withdrawal of the February 20 and 21 nationwide general strike called by central trade unions.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota