Knives out in Cong after defeat, others join Sheila, Pawar to target Centre
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
While it is not clear how the Congress high command will respond to the infighting in Delhi, the central leadership could not absolve itself of blame either.
During meetings presided over by Rahul Gandhi in February-March this year, DPCC chief J P Agarwal and Dikshit had indulged in verbal spats with the DPCC chief complaining of non-cooperation from the government and the CM hitting back saying that her job was to run the government.
Rahul had wound up warning that indiscipline and infighting would not be tolerated but made no effort subsequently to ensure coordination.