Knocked down by speeding truck, 2 employees of fertiliser firm die
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Congress in LS, assembly polls
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Two employees of a fertiliser company died after the motorcycle they were riding was knocked down by a speeding truck on Alandi Road on Tuesday night. Police have arrested the truck driver.
Officials at the Vishrantwadi police said the incident took place at 11.30 pm on Monday. The deceased have been identified as Anil Shantaram Khjanvilkar (38) of Navi Khadki and Shailendra Devkar of Tingarenagar, both employees of a fertiliser firm in Vishrantwadi. Sub inspector S B Marode, said, "The two were on their way to Vishrantwadi for dinner. Khanvilkar was riding the bike. Near the turn, their bike was hit from behind by a speeding truck. We got the number of the truck from one of the witnesses." Bodies of the deceased have been handed over to the relatives after autopsy.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy