Knocked down by speeding truck, 2 employees of fertiliser firm die
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Two employees of a fertiliser company died after the motorcycle they were riding was knocked down by a speeding truck on Alandi Road on Tuesday night. Police have arrested the truck driver.
Officials at the Vishrantwadi police said the incident took place at 11.30 pm on Monday. The deceased have been identified as Anil Shantaram Khjanvilkar (38) of Navi Khadki and Shailendra Devkar of Tingarenagar, both employees of a fertiliser firm in Vishrantwadi. Sub inspector S B Marode, said, "The two were on their way to Vishrantwadi for dinner. Khanvilkar was riding the bike. Near the turn, their bike was hit from behind by a speeding truck. We got the number of the truck from one of the witnesses." Bodies of the deceased have been handed over to the relatives after autopsy.