Known to all, but every vote counts
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
How would you rate yourself against your rival?
The Congress MLA, Hirabhai Patel, has not taken up any development work at any place. I can see people are not happy with him. The BJP has given me the opportunity to contest this seat for the last three terms, and the people of the constituency know me well.
What are your promises to the people?
When I was MLA in 2002-2007, I promised a 220KV substation, but 20 per cent of of the work remains because the present MLA never took any interest in the project. I will first finish that project, then build roads connecting all areas with in the constituency. I have also promised to set up a Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation wing here and take up development work that is on top of Narendra Modi's agenda.