Kokrajhar: Four killed in fresh attack, toll 10
- VIDEO: Modi will snatch your land: Rahul tells farmers at Kisan rally
- Sitaram Yechury succeeds Karat as Pillai pulls out of race
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- Janta Ka Budget: Manish Sisodia holds Mohalla Sabhas in East Delhi
- 700 migrants from Libya feared dead in the Mediterranean on way to Italy
The situation in curfew-bound Kokrajhar continued to be tense with fresh incidents of violence claiming four more lives, taking the toll in one week up to 10.
Meanwhile, the police raided the residence of Mano Kumar Brahma, an executive member of the Bodoland Territorial Council and recovered two AK-47 rifles, two AK magazines and 60 rounds of ammunition on Saturday. Brahma has been arrested.
Four persons belonging to a family were killed when unidentified miscreants opened indiscriminate fire on a cluster of houses in Jiyaguri at around 10:30 pm on Friday. The village, about 10 km south of Kokrajhar town, is inhabited by people belonging to a minority group.
Confirming the deaths, Assam home secretary G D Tripathi said the police have arrested several persons in connection with the killings.
Tripathi said the police went to Brahma's house at Tengapara in Kokrajhar town to interrogate him on the basis of some intelligence inputs during which the arms and ammunition were recovered.