Kolkata: 15 babies die within 3 days in a city hospital
Fifteen crib deaths have been reported at the state-run B C Roy child Hospital since Tuesday.
Health Services director B R Satpathy told PTI that the babies were aged within one year and initial investigations revealed that they were suffering from acute infection and most of the cases were referred cases from the
"On September 24 five babies died, on September 25 nine babies died and today since afternoon one baby has died. We are monitoring the situation," he said.
Earlier this month, 49 children had died in the hospital, which is the largest referral children's hospital in the eastern region.
It had been in the news for the past few years for a large number of crib deaths.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi