Kolkata: 15 babies die within 3 days in a city hospital
- Excessive rains wreak havoc in several states, 81 die due to flood
- Govt, Congress in war of words ahead of all-party meet
- Malaysia seeks help in finding more possible MH370 debris
- Sushma Swaraj has committed no crime: Parrikar on Lalit Modi case
- Congress hits back at Mahesh Sharma over his 'no work, no pay' remark
Fifteen crib deaths have been reported at the state-run B C Roy child Hospital since Tuesday.
Health Services director B R Satpathy told PTI that the babies were aged within one year and initial investigations revealed that they were suffering from acute infection and most of the cases were referred cases from the
"On September 24 five babies died, on September 25 nine babies died and today since afternoon one baby has died. We are monitoring the situation," he said.
Earlier this month, 49 children had died in the hospital, which is the largest referral children's hospital in the eastern region.
It had been in the news for the past few years for a large number of crib deaths.