Kolkata: 24 kg gold worth over Rs 7 crore recovered in empty aircraft
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Narendra Modi tukde-tukde kar dega: Rahul Gandhi
- EC notice to Azam for Kargil, other remarks
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- April 9 Campaign roundup: Gujarat model "balloon" will burst the same way as 'India Shining', says Rahul
At least 24 kg of gold worth Rs 7.7 crore was seized from the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata on Tuesday. As many as 24 gold bars weighing a kilogram each, lying unclaimed in two bags in an empty aircraft, were recovered by the airport officials while checking the aircraft.
The airport authorities immediately informed the customs authorities. Following this, a team of custom officials later seized two bags.
Though nobody has been arrested yet, the customs officers have started probe into the seizure. According to sources, this is one of the biggest gold seizures from the airport in the eastern region.
- Narendra Modi invokes Sayajirao Gaekwad as he files nomination
- Maybe I’ll still get to 10,000 Test runs, says Kevin Pietersen
- Jet flight ‘vanished’ for 30 mins over Germany
- Anna sells first-timers NOTA option
- Narendra Modi mentions wife in poll affidavit for the first time
- Naveen record hunt is a tough one