Kolkata: 31 infants die at B C Roy hospital in last four days, authorities rule out negligence
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
In a shocking case, at least 31 infants have died at the state-run B C Roy hospital in the West Bengal capital in the past four days, official sources said.
Health department sources said that terminally-ill infants were brought from private hospital or nursing home to this hospital and "in some cases nothing can be done".
They ruled out any negligence on the part of the hospital.
"Everyday 70/80 infants who are terminally ill were addmitted to this hospital. We try our best to provide best treatment. There is no negligence on the part fo the hospital", the sources said.