Kolkata: 31 infants die at B C Roy hospital in last four days, authorities rule out negligence
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
In a shocking case, at least 31 infants have died at the state-run B C Roy hospital in the West Bengal capital in the past four days, official sources said.
Health department sources said that terminally-ill infants were brought from private hospital or nursing home to this hospital and "in some cases nothing can be done".
They ruled out any negligence on the part of the hospital.
"Everyday 70/80 infants who are terminally ill were addmitted to this hospital. We try our best to provide best treatment. There is no negligence on the part fo the hospital", the sources said.