Kolkata: 31 infants die at B C Roy hospital in last four days, authorities rule out negligence
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
In a shocking case, at least 31 infants have died at the state-run B C Roy hospital in the West Bengal capital in the past four days, official sources said.
Health department sources said that terminally-ill infants were brought from private hospital or nursing home to this hospital and "in some cases nothing can be done".
They ruled out any negligence on the part of the hospital.
"Everyday 70/80 infants who are terminally ill were addmitted to this hospital. We try our best to provide best treatment. There is no negligence on the part fo the hospital", the sources said.