Kolkata: 31 infants die at B C Roy hospital in last four days, authorities rule out negligence
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
In a shocking case, at least 31 infants have died at the state-run B C Roy hospital in the West Bengal capital in the past four days, official sources said.
Health department sources said that terminally-ill infants were brought from private hospital or nursing home to this hospital and "in some cases nothing can be done".
They ruled out any negligence on the part of the hospital.
"Everyday 70/80 infants who are terminally ill were addmitted to this hospital. We try our best to provide best treatment. There is no negligence on the part fo the hospital", the sources said.