- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
The post of principal secretary, fire and disaster management, has become too hot for officials to stick around for long. First, it was Nihar Ranjan Banerjee who fell out with minister Javed Khan over the issue of recruitment of Home Guards . He was replaced by Hriydesh Mohan. But last week, barely four months into the new job, he too has been shown the door and posted to the department of technical education. Well this time, no one has any clue about the reason behind Mohan's transfer. Was the recruitment of contractual fire fighters that was stalled by the State Administrative Tribunal the bone of contention? Everyone seems to be only guessing.