- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The post of principal secretary, fire and disaster management, has become too hot for officials to stick around for long. First, it was Nihar Ranjan Banerjee who fell out with minister Javed Khan over the issue of recruitment of Home Guards . He was replaced by Hriydesh Mohan. But last week, barely four months into the new job, he too has been shown the door and posted to the department of technical education. Well this time, no one has any clue about the reason behind Mohan's transfer. Was the recruitment of contractual fire fighters that was stalled by the State Administrative Tribunal the bone of contention? Everyone seems to be only guessing.
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- At Dangs Darbar, tribal kings complain of neglect, apathy
- In a first, Centre asks NGO to monitor teacher education
- New high for TV news: Anchor announces news dept going on strike
- Pawar, Chavan to launch NCP-Cong poll campaign in Pune on March 18
- Gurgaon has highest number of young voters in Haryana