Kolkata monorail project likely to begin from March
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Rs 12-billion monorail project is likely to begin from March 2009. City-based Andromeda Technologies has been finalised as the financial partner for the project.
"We are in talks with several overseas financial equity partners for the project. The company will start work in March 2009 and the project is expected to be completed by 2011-12," Andromeda Technologies promoter P C Sen said on Friday.
Sen has roped in Derap AG and Hebling Technik AG of Germany as technology partners for the project.
Though initially the coaches will be imported, Sen is in talks with manufacturers for local production.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express