Kolkata monorail project likely to begin from March
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Rs 12-billion monorail project is likely to begin from March 2009. City-based Andromeda Technologies has been finalised as the financial partner for the project.
"We are in talks with several overseas financial equity partners for the project. The company will start work in March 2009 and the project is expected to be completed by 2011-12," Andromeda Technologies promoter P C Sen said on Friday.
Sen has roped in Derap AG and Hebling Technik AG of Germany as technology partners for the project.
Though initially the coaches will be imported, Sen is in talks with manufacturers for local production.