Kolkata monorail project likely to begin from March
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
The Rs 12-billion monorail project is likely to begin from March 2009. City-based Andromeda Technologies has been finalised as the financial partner for the project.
"We are in talks with several overseas financial equity partners for the project. The company will start work in March 2009 and the project is expected to be completed by 2011-12," Andromeda Technologies promoter P C Sen said on Friday.
Sen has roped in Derap AG and Hebling Technik AG of Germany as technology partners for the project.
Though initially the coaches will be imported, Sen is in talks with manufacturers for local production.