Kolkata monorail project likely to begin from March
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- Former Pak President Pervez Musharraf indicted in treason case
- I-T looking into cheques to M S Dhoni by Amrapali group
- Cracks showing, BCCI chips off Srinivasan-owned India Cements
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to meet L-G Najeeb Jung, will request for elections in Delhi
The Rs 12-billion monorail project is likely to begin from March 2009. City-based Andromeda Technologies has been finalised as the financial partner for the project.
"We are in talks with several overseas financial equity partners for the project. The company will start work in March 2009 and the project is expected to be completed by 2011-12," Andromeda Technologies promoter P C Sen said on Friday.
Sen has roped in Derap AG and Hebling Technik AG of Germany as technology partners for the project.
Though initially the coaches will be imported, Sen is in talks with manufacturers for local production.
- Nilekani squandered national resources to US firm: Swamy
- Autonomy: CBI chief says don’t view our demand with suspicion
- I want to stop poverty, they want to stop me: Modi
- Kanda gives Hooda’s road show a miss, to form party
- Air Force sends flight data recorder to US for analysis
- 41 letters in 3 yrs fail to move NHAI as accidents continue