Kolkata monorail project likely to begin from March
- India is now one of the most open countries for foreign investments: PM Modi
- India does not accept intolerance even if it is one or two or three incidents: Modi in UK
- 200 writers urge David Cameron to help 'safeguard freedom of expression in India'
- Woman gangraped by two security guards at Bengaluru's Cubbon Park
- 16 killed in twin suicide blasts in Beirut's Shiite suburb
The Rs 12-billion monorail project is likely to begin from March 2009. City-based Andromeda Technologies has been finalised as the financial partner for the project.
"We are in talks with several overseas financial equity partners for the project. The company will start work in March 2009 and the project is expected to be completed by 2011-12," Andromeda Technologies promoter P C Sen said on Friday.
Sen has roped in Derap AG and Hebling Technik AG of Germany as technology partners for the project.
- Having won a historic election, can Aung San Suu Kyi unite Myanmar?
- Indexing all the sarkar’s land
- Diary item: Rediscovery of Olga Gray
- The new bankruptcy code can stimulate credit availability for entrepreneurs
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST