Kolkata: 'Traumatised' girl dies after being locked inside school toilet
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
A day after an 11-year-old student of Christ Church Girls High School in Dum Dum died after being allegedly detained inside a toilet by her seniors last week, guardians of students ransacked the offices of the school.
Police sources said that the guardians entered the school at Dum Dum in the northern part of the city in the morning and ransacked the office premises, damaged furniture and demanded punishment of those responsible for the death of the class five student Oindrilla Das.
They also demanded that the school principal be handed over to them.
Senior police officers have gone to the school and were seen talking to the agitating guardians. The police are deployed in the premises.
The girl student was severely traumatised when a group of her seniors locked her inside a toilet after school hours last week demanding money from her.
As she screamed in fright, a sweeper brought her out and took her home. Soon after, she slipped into a state of shock forcing her parents to admit her in a nursing home where she died yesterday.
The school principal has denied any knowledge of the incident.