Kolkata: 'Traumatised' girl dies after being locked inside school toilet
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
A day after an 11-year-old student of Christ Church Girls High School in Dum Dum died after being allegedly detained inside a toilet by her seniors last week, guardians of students ransacked the offices of the school.
Police sources said that the guardians entered the school at Dum Dum in the northern part of the city in the morning and ransacked the office premises, damaged furniture and demanded punishment of those responsible for the death of the class five student Oindrilla Das.
They also demanded that the school principal be handed over to them.
Senior police officers have gone to the school and were seen talking to the agitating guardians. The police are deployed in the premises.
The girl student was severely traumatised when a group of her seniors locked her inside a toilet after school hours last week demanding money from her.
As she screamed in fright, a sweeper brought her out and took her home. Soon after, she slipped into a state of shock forcing her parents to admit her in a nursing home where she died yesterday.
The school principal has denied any knowledge of the incident.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy