Kolkata: 'Traumatised' girl dies after being locked inside school toilet
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A day after an 11-year-old student of Christ Church Girls High School in Dum Dum died after being allegedly detained inside a toilet by her seniors last week, guardians of students ransacked the offices of the school.
Police sources said that the guardians entered the school at Dum Dum in the northern part of the city in the morning and ransacked the office premises, damaged furniture and demanded punishment of those responsible for the death of the class five student Oindrilla Das.
They also demanded that the school principal be handed over to them.
Senior police officers have gone to the school and were seen talking to the agitating guardians. The police are deployed in the premises.
The girl student was severely traumatised when a group of her seniors locked her inside a toilet after school hours last week demanding money from her.
As she screamed in fright, a sweeper brought her out and took her home. Soon after, she slipped into a state of shock forcing her parents to admit her in a nursing home where she died yesterday.
The school principal has denied any knowledge of the incident.
West Bengal Education minister Bratya Basu ordered a probe into the incident.