Konkan beaches to be developed as per international standards
- AAP battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Narendra Modi mentioned wife in poll affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
The Konkan region of Maharashtra is looking at aggressively taking measures to beautify its beaches to increase tourism. They have proposed a list of 13 beaches which has got a nod from the government. All the 13 beaches would be developed as per international standards and infrastructure. This would be a key step to attract foreign tourists to this region. Nandgaon beach, Arnala beach, Kashid beach, Diveagar beach, Murud beach, Ladghar beach, Karde beach, Hadi island, Kunkeshwar beach and Ubhadanda beach are some of the beaches where the beautification project will commence shortly.
Speaking exclusively to Financial Express Online, Sanjay Yadavrao, chief executive, Global Kokan, said, "Konkan has more than 100 beaches and every beach has its own speciality. We have now began work on the beautification projects for 13 beaches with the government's help. These beaches will be developed with international infrastructure and standards that even foreign tourists will appreciate."
The Maharashtra government is working with Kokan Bhumi Prastishthan (KBP), an umbrella organsiation of hoteliers, tour operators and tourism with an aim to develop the region's tourism and promote it globally. But along with the development, their main aim is to promote responsible tourism.
Yadavrao, said, "Ten years back tourism to Konkan was almost zero but now approximately one crore tourists visit konkan annually. Along with promoting tourism, we will not only build five star hotels and resorts but also definitely retain our culture and tradition. Sustainable development is what we are pledging for."
The tourism in Konkan is set to receive a big boost as the fifth edition of the Global Konkan Festival in 2015 will be hosted in London, revealed the Kokan Bhumi Pratisthan.
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy