Kotak buys Barclays India biz loan books
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Kotak Mahindra Bank today acquired Barclays India's business loans portfolio or SME lending business worth about Rs 700 crore for an undisclosed amount.
"The acquisition is in line with Kotak Bank's strategy to add value to its existing business lines as it strengthens its business loans portfolio. It is also part of the company's broader strategy of adopting inorganic growth routes," Kotak Mahindra Bank Group strategy head Paul Parambi said. However, he did not disclose the deal size citing confidentiality with the British lender, which also refused to comment.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say