Kristen Stewart learning to embrace life in public eye
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
"Twilight" star Kristen Stewart is learning to live her life more openly after the intense media scrutiny following her cheating scandal almost forced her into hiding.
The 22-year-old shocked fans in July when she confessed to a "momentary indiscretion" with her married "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders while she was dating her "Twilight" co-star Robert Pattinson, reported Daily Star online.
Stewart and Pattinson briefly split following the incident, but have since reconciled, and the actress refused to go out and socialise for some time after the controversy as a result of the intrusive paparazzi presence.
She has since accepted that her star status will always attract press attention whatever she does, but she is gradually embracing life in the public eye.
"It's a little annoying having to be so compartmentalised. I go from box to box to box... But I'm going out a lot more now. I was starting to get closed off and self-conscious, and I'm trudging forth into the world more often," Stewart said.
"It's not a terrible thing if you're either loved or hated. But honestly, I don't care 'cause it doesn't keep me from doing my stuff. And I apologise to everyone for making them so angry. It was not my intention," she added.