Kudankulam: SC reserves order
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
The Supreme Court on Thursday reserved its order on a PIL seeking a stay on the commissioning of the Kudankulam nuclear plant till all safety measures are put in place.
Following marathon arguments spanning the last three months, the hearing bench reserved its order on the plea that questioned the safety and security of people, the environmental impact and other issues linked to the controversial plant.
The court was hearing a bunch of petitions filed by anti-nuclear activists challenging the project on the ground that safety measures recommended for the plant by an expert body has not been put in place. They also raised various questions pertaining to the disposal of nuclear waste and the plant's impact on environment.