Kudos pour in for MS Dhoni on his unbeaten double ton
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who received brickbats just a few months ago after the England series disaster, was today showered with accolades from former players after his career-best knock of unbeaten 206 in the first cricket Test against Australia here.
Dhoni today found an admirer for his cool batting approach in former England captain Michael Vaughan.
"The coolest man in world cricket, MS Dhoni delivers when it most matters... Incredible innings against the Aussies...," Vaughan wrote on his twitter account.
Legendary spinner Shane Warne, among the television commentary team in the series, was also impressed by Dhoni's knock.
"WOW, M S Dhoni is going off here in Chennai, amazing batting," tweeted Warne.
Another Australian legend Glenn McGrath, who is heading the MRF Pace Foundation here, wrote on his Twitter page, "Great innings by MS Dhoni 206*. India in a strong position against the Aussies."
India's World Cup Yuvraj Singh tweeted, "Congratulations ! To @imVkohli and @msdhoni on there spectacular knocks specially ms a double ton in test cricket is a memory."
"What an innings @msdhoni truly inspirational stuff. One of the best innings i have seen," Dhoni's Indian team-mate Ajinkya Rahane said.
Former West Indies batsman Darren Ganga said, "Magnificent accomplishment from Dhoni. Proven the critics wrong. Clearly one of India's finest captains and wicket keeper-batsmen. Brilliant counter attack innings."
Another Indian batsman Suresh Raina tweeted, "That was a dominating double! Congratulations @msdhoni Take it to a triple ton mate."
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan also joined in lauding Dhoni and wondered how the critics of the Indian captain would react now.
"Dhoni 206* ..!! Incredible feat ! Where are all those 'prophets of doom' that were writing him off , just yesterday ! 'Prophets of Doom' : 'bhaisaheb yahan chullu bhar pani kahin milega ?'," wrote Bachchan.
- BJP to distribute Modi gulaal for Holi
- Improve facilities in courts: HC tells state
- Varanasi seat may delay BJP’s list for UP
- CPM-backed Kairali TV airs interview of author who alleged sex abuse at Amritanandamayi ashram
- Identification parade of suspects held in Yerawada Jail
- State to fine-tune boundaries in eco-sensitive areas