Kumbh shadow looms over Assembly
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
Barring the main opposition BSP, all political parties attended the meeting.
"When we are aware that issues raised by us will not be addressed by the chief minister, there is no point in having tea at his residence," said Maurya. On Thursday, the governor's address is the only business on the agenda. Akhilesh Yadav will present the annual budget for 2013-14 on February 19.
In between, the Assembly will not meet from February 15 to 17. However, it will meet on February 18 for passing a condolence resolution over the death of Samajwadi Party MLA Mahesh Narain Singh.
The Business Advisory Committee will meet on February 19 to decide the further programme of the session, which is scheduled to continue until March 22.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18