Kunal Ghosh gets bail in first case
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Kaushambi to Kanpur: Arvind Kejriwal kicks off three-day UP yatra
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
- Sorry to kill a great story, thereâs no Hercule Parrot
Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, who was arrested on November 23 in connection with the Saradha Group chit fund scam, was Friday granted bail in the first among several cases lodged against him.
The case relates to a complaint filed by the general manager of 'Broadcast Worldwide' company at the Electronic Complex police station in Kolkata against Ghosh, following which the journalist-turned-politician was arrested by the Bidhannagar Police, Deputy Commissioner of the Detective Department, Bidhannagar Police, Arnab Ghosh, said.
Since Kunal Ghosh, the CEO of Saradha Group's media arm, was under the custody of Barasat police station, he could not be produced before the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate's Court in Bidhannagar today.
The court, however, has extended the date of his statement under Section 164 before the magistrate till December 27. The Bidhannagar police, which was investigating into the case, however, filed chargesheets against Ghosh under four sections of the IPC during the day, Arnab Ghosh said.
Ghosh was charged under Sections 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal breach of trust), 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant, or by banker, merchant or agent) and 120B (conspiracy) of the IPC, he said.