Kunal Ghosh gets bail in first case
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- BSY keeps a low profile, his supporters not sure about BJP
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: AAP candidate in Nalanda beaten up, Shazia Ilmi's rally attacked in MP
Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, who was arrested on November 23 in connection with the Saradha Group chit fund scam, was Friday granted bail in the first among several cases lodged against him.
The case relates to a complaint filed by the general manager of 'Broadcast Worldwide' company at the Electronic Complex police station in Kolkata against Ghosh, following which the journalist-turned-politician was arrested by the Bidhannagar Police, Deputy Commissioner of the Detective Department, Bidhannagar Police, Arnab Ghosh, said.
Since Kunal Ghosh, the CEO of Saradha Group's media arm, was under the custody of Barasat police station, he could not be produced before the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate's Court in Bidhannagar today.
The court, however, has extended the date of his statement under Section 164 before the magistrate till December 27. The Bidhannagar police, which was investigating into the case, however, filed chargesheets against Ghosh under four sections of the IPC during the day, Arnab Ghosh said.
Ghosh was charged under Sections 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal breach of trust), 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant, or by banker, merchant or agent) and 120B (conspiracy) of the IPC, he said.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit