Kunal Kapoor to turn professional racer
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Taking his passion for racing to the next level, actor Kunal Kapoor has decided to pursue his hobby as a professional sport.
The 35-year-old actor, who is a huge F1 and a rally fan, is training under a coach and will be competing at the National Rally Championship next year.
"I always loved fast cars but I realized that I needed to get off the road to test my limits, otherwise I would be endangering my life as well as the lives of others. The adrenaline rush I get when I am behind the wheels is just something else! That is when I got into rally driving, a year-and-a-half ago," Kunal said.
"My coach wants me to compete in the nationals. It is a skill that needs to be honed as you need to understand your car, the terrain you are driving on -- be it slush or mountains -- and develop the stamina needed to focus on long hours of driving," he added.