KVs question no-detention till class VIII
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Several states had argued that not "failing" students as a matter of policy was affecting quality and must be reviewed. Bihar's P K Shahi had said reading habits of students had suffered while Chhattisgarh's Brij Mohan Agarwal argued that its impact was being seen in "dwindling intellectual quality" of those clearing school.