KVs question no-detention till class VIII
- India rejects US report on religious freedom, says it's based on 'limited understanding'
- Petrol prices hiked by Rs 3.96 a litre and diesel by Rs 2.37
- Jaitley replies to Rahul's jibe, says this is 'sooj-boojh ki sarkar'
- Punjab bus molestation: Driver, three others arrested, Badals face the heat
- Modi govt 'abandoning' farmers, backing 'crony capitalists': Rahul Gandhi
Several states had argued that not "failing" students as a matter of policy was affecting quality and must be reviewed. Bihar's P K Shahi had said reading habits of students had suffered while Chhattisgarh's Brij Mohan Agarwal argued that its impact was being seen in "dwindling intellectual quality" of those clearing school.