KXIP Blue team victorious
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
CHANDIGARH: In the opening match of the Kings XI Punjab Cup, KXIP Blue team recorded a six-wicket over KXIP Red team at the PCA Stadium in Mohali. KXIP Red won the toss and, electing to bat first, posted 100 runs on the board. Parwinder Singh tried to stabilize Red team with his knock of 51 runs off 39 balls. But even that could not propel the KXIP Red's innings. KXIP Blue chased the score easily with six wickets in hand and eight balls to spare. Parwinder Singh's contribution won him the man of the match title.
KXIP Green snub KXIP Yellow
In the second match, KXIP Green won the toss and elected to bat. Hiten Dala and Sachin Sohal gave KXIP Green a good start after the loss of Chetan Sharma's wicket. KXIP Green posted a score of 138 for the loss of five wickets. KXIP Yellow batsmen fell short of 14 runs and could score a total of 124 runs at the end of their 20 overs. Hiten Dalal of KXIP Green won man of the match title for his batting efforts (37 runs from 35 balls).
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore