Kylie Minogue chooses comedy role to kickstart acting career
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Pop star Kylie Minogue will star in a one-off dark comedy on British TV as she steps away from music to focus on acting.
A representative for the 'Spinning Around' hitmaker said that Minogue will be taking a bit of a break from the charts to return to her first love of acting, reported Daily Express.
The decision comes as she parts way with her manager of 25 years, Terry Blamey, and she has now filmed a quirky new project for Sky's Playhouse Presents series, reported Daily Express.
She will star in 'Hey Diddle Dee', a comedy based on pop artist Andy Warhol, which is directed by Marc Warren.
"When the script was sent to me, I knew instinctively I wanted to be part of this project. Marc has created a beautiful, quirky story," she said.
Actors Idris Elba, Anna Friel and Matt Smith will also appear in episodes of Playhouse Presents.