L&T extends loss on missing order
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Shares in Larsen & Toubro Ltd, India's biggest engineering conglomerate, fell as much as 2.7 per cent on Thursday, dropping for a second day after it missed out on a 160-billion-rupee bulk tender by utility NTPC, dealers said.
The company, along with Japan's Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, emerged as the third lowest bidder for the order.
This would be viewed in general as a negative for L&T's power equipment joint venture with Mitsubishi, Nomura said in a note. At 9:43 a.m, L&T shares were down 1.57 per cent at 1,287 rupees.