Labourer held for minorís rape
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A farm labourer has been arrested for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl in Muli town of Surendranagar district on December 22.
The suspect, Arvind Koli, was a neighbour of the victim and worked with her father in the same farm.
He was picked up on December 29 and arrested today after interrogation for two days.
Investigating officer in the case, sub-inspector
A L Haripara, said, "At first, we had doubts about the complaint since there was a delay on the part of the victim's parents in filing the FIR. We have found that Koli often used to visit their house and had been trying to harass the girl for a long time." The suspect has been sent to judicial custody.