- PM Modi breaks silence on Raghuram Rajan's reappointment, says it shouldn't be of media's interest
- Kejriwal, Nitish witnesses Mamata's oath-taking ceremony at Kolkata's Red Road
- US asks Pakistan to cooperate with India on 26/11 probe
- Even if we could benefit from polarisation, we wouldn’t want to derive such benefits: Rajnath Singh
- Opinion: Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
This one's for you ladies — a dating website that promises to put you in the driver's seat. "Datedosti.com has been designed keeping the Indian woman in mind. It respects her reservations and makes her feel protected, owing to a variety of built-in tools that have been created for the purpose," says Arjun Sawhney, founder of the site. For example, on www.datedosti.com, if the lady deletes a message, the sender gets automatically blocked from contacting her again. The gentleman can continue to communicate with her only if she responds to his message. "With instances of cyber crime on the rise, this site is designed to make women feel safe and secure. It has features such as verified profiles and pre-checks to assure that as one goes on adding "friends" by dozens everyday, the credentials of the person behind the online "id" are not suspect," Sawhney adds.
The website also has online date gurus and counsellors should they need any such help.
"Although it is traditional and Indian in character, yet it is equipped with all modern elements," says Sawhney, as he goes on to talk about the site that has 44,000 registered subscribers in its first two months only. The website is also equipped with features such as instant chat, a joke corner and love horoscopes. Sawhney says they are soon going to add a mobile application to allow users to access the website on their handsets.
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
- After the initial euphoria, Modi government has created widespread despondency
- Fixing the learning deficit requires a lot more than right kind of tracking technology
- The problem begins with the way we define “urban” and “rural”
- Modi govt’s backward-looking instincts pulls down its forward-looking mission
- Judge-population ratio is not the apt parameter to determine judiciary’s strength