Lady Gaga plans acting career
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Pop star Lady Gaga is reportedly having acting lessons in the hope of making the tricky transition from singer to successful actress.
The 26-year-old 'Poker Face' hitmaker is allegedly having acting lessons in a bid to make it in Hollywood and wants to follow in the footsteps of fellow musicians such as Justin Timberlake and Rihanna who have successfully made the transition to the silver screen, reported Daily Star online.
"She needs a new challenge and has set herself a target of winning an Oscar in five years," a source said.
The singer had a fleeting cameo appearance in 'Men In Black 3' last year and now wants to land a leading role. The pop star is set to make her big debut in 'Machete Kills', a film directed by Quentin Tarantino's regular collaborator Robert Rodriguez.
Eccentric Gaga plays a sexy gun-wielding character named La Chameleon in the sequel to the 2010 movie 'Machete', starring opposite Mel Gibson, Jessica Alba and Amber Heard.
"Yes its true, I will be making my debut as an actress in the amazing Machete Kills by Rodriguez. I am so excited. Filming was insane," she recently tweeted.