Lady Gaga prays for Brazil nightclub fire victims
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Pop star Lady Gaga shared a photo of herself on Twitter praying for those who lost their lives in the Brazilian nightclub fire, after learning that one of her fans also died in the blaze.
The 'Born This Way' singer, who calls her fans 'Little Monsters', seemed particularly moved by a tweet that said one of her fans perished in the fire at the Kiss club in Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul, reported USA Today.
The tweet read, "A Little Monster died in a tragedy here in Brazil! His name is Luiz Felipe! Mother Monster Pray for him! @ladygaga #PrayForSantaMaria +181.(sic)"
The message prompted Gaga to write, "My heart is with you Brazil, sending my prayers to the families and friends who lost loved one in the fire in Brazil. I'm thinking of you today during this tragedy."
She completed the message writing "#prayforSantaMaria" and by sharing a picture of herself with folded hands.
In the image the 26-year-old singer appears to be make-up free and still lying in bed.
At least 233 people have died in the fire that swept through the nightclub in the university city in southern Brazil.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance