Lady Gaga unable to walk, postpones 4 shows
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Lady Gaga says she's "heartsick" to postpone four shows after sustaining an injury that's left her unable to walk.
A Tuesday news release says performances set for February 13-14 in Chicago, February 16 in Detroit and February 17 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, have been postponed due to a case of synovitis, a severe joint inflammation.
Lady Gaga took to Twitter to explain, saying she injured herself during a performance some time ago and her condition has worsened, leaving her immobile following Monday's concert in Montreal. She's been hiding the injury from her staff, but can no longer perform.
"I've been hiding a show injury and chronic pain for sometime now, over the last month it has worsened," she wrote.
"I've been praying it would heal."
The remainder of the "Born This Way Ball" tour is expected to continue on schedule, beginning with a two-night stand in Philadelphia on February 19-20.
Makeup dates for the missed shows will be announced later.