Lady Gaga writing songs for 'The Great Gatsby'
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
Pop star Lady Gaga and singer Prince are writing songs for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Great Gatsby' soundtrack, actress Adelaide Clemens has said.
Prince Rogers Nelson and the 'Poker Face' star reportedly approached the director about working on the musical accompaniments to his forthcoming film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Amitabh Bachchan and Isla Fisher, reported Contactmusic.
"They have some new music that's going to be added to the film. Some pretty huge artists have approached Baz and are writing songs for the film, and I don't think Warner Bros are going to turn down Prince and Lady Gaga knocking down your door," Clemens said.
However, the actress refused to explain any further, so it is unclear whether the pair will submit songs separately or together.
"I don't know if I'm allowed to say that," she added.
This would be Gaga's first original film soundtrack contribution, while Prince scored a US number one single with 'Batdance' from the "Batman" soundtrack.
He also received a Golden Globe Award for 'Song of the Heart' from 2006 animated movie "Happy Feet".