Lady Gaga writing songs for 'The Great Gatsby'
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Pop star Lady Gaga and singer Prince are writing songs for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Great Gatsby' soundtrack, actress Adelaide Clemens has said.
Prince Rogers Nelson and the 'Poker Face' star reportedly approached the director about working on the musical accompaniments to his forthcoming film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Amitabh Bachchan and Isla Fisher, reported Contactmusic.
"They have some new music that's going to be added to the film. Some pretty huge artists have approached Baz and are writing songs for the film, and I don't think Warner Bros are going to turn down Prince and Lady Gaga knocking down your door," Clemens said.
However, the actress refused to explain any further, so it is unclear whether the pair will submit songs separately or together.
"I don't know if I'm allowed to say that," she added.
This would be Gaga's first original film soundtrack contribution, while Prince scored a US number one single with 'Batdance' from the "Batman" soundtrack.
He also received a Golden Globe Award for 'Song of the Heart' from 2006 animated movie "Happy Feet".