Lahuji Vastad Award for singer Umap
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK register comprehensive victory over hapless DD
Veteran singer Shahir Vitthal Umap was recently honoured with the Lahuji Vastad Award on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Lahuji Vastad Salve.
The function was jointly held by the PMC and Krantiguru Lahuji Mahasangh. Corporator Shantilal Misal presented the award to Umap. The award consists of Rs 11,000 and a memento. President of Lokshahir Anna Bhau Sathe Samata Parishad Hanumant Sathe presided over the function.
"I am overwhelmed to receive the award especially in the golden jubilee year of the formation of Samyukta Maharashtra. One should not forget contribution of Shahirs in the Samyukta Maharashtra Movement who created public awareness through this folk art," said Umap, who has also received the Natya Sahitya Kala Akademi award.