Lahuji Vastad Award for singer Umap
- Salman Khan retracts tweets on Yakub Memon after protests; says 'never said he is innocent'
- Muslim League says SC has no right to interfere in matters of faith
- President urged to grant Yakub Memon reprieve from execution
- PM to launch cashless treatment scheme for accident victims
- Anna extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
Veteran singer Shahir Vitthal Umap was recently honoured with the Lahuji Vastad Award on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Lahuji Vastad Salve.
The function was jointly held by the PMC and Krantiguru Lahuji Mahasangh. Corporator Shantilal Misal presented the award to Umap. The award consists of Rs 11,000 and a memento. President of Lokshahir Anna Bhau Sathe Samata Parishad Hanumant Sathe presided over the function.
"I am overwhelmed to receive the award especially in the golden jubilee year of the formation of Samyukta Maharashtra. One should not forget contribution of Shahirs in the Samyukta Maharashtra Movement who created public awareness through this folk art," said Umap, who has also received the Natya Sahitya Kala Akademi award.