Lalit Pandit gives evidence, insists skeleton of his sister
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Music composer Lalit Pandit, whose sister Sandhya Singh has been missing since December last year and is now feared murdered, Friday gave a crucial piece of evidence that took police closer to identifying a skull found on a patch of marshland along Palm Beach Road in Navi Mumbai.
"Apart from identifying several adornments found with the skeleton, I gave police a dental cast of Sandhya, which had been taken by a dentist some years ago. It matches the skull found with the bones," Lalit claimed.
He said there was now no doubt the partial skeleton was of Sandhya. Lalit also claimed relations between Sandhya and her son Raghuveer (26) were not cordial.
"Raghuveer is in bad company and recently started dating a girl... This was a reason for constant arguments between Sandhya and him. Matters became worse when he brought the girl home to live with him," he said.
Raghuveer had initially told police he lost his cellphone last year. However, the phone was found in his house Friday.
"We are obtaining call data records to check his location on the day Sandhya went missing," said a Navi Mumbai police officer.
Police questioned Raghuveer for a second time Friday, but said no conclusive evidence had come to light.
"We are investigating the case from several angles but it is too early to make a concrete comment," DCP Purushottam Karad said.
A Navi Mumbai police officer said they had gathered lot of circumstantial evidence.
Lalit said the murder of his sister seemed a professional job. He, however, added: "I don't care if the culprit is a member of the family. If one of my people is a killer, so be it. I just have to make sure the culprit is caught. I owe it to Sandhya."
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today