Lalu Prasad dubs Anna Hazare's Jantantra rally as 'flop show'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
RJD President Lalu Prasadrefused to attach any importance to the rally by anti-graft activist Anna Hazare here today and dubbed it as a 'flop show'.
"It is nothing but a flop show," he told reporters on his arrival at Patna airport.
When told that a large number of people had gathered at the rally, the RJD chief said, "This much people roam around in the Gandhi maidan (where the rally was held) everyday."
Launching a scathing attack on Hazare, he said men like him were saying 'bad words' against Parliament, politicians and even judiciary in the name of civil society.
"These people are taking advantage of freedom of speech and uttering irresponsible things against the central government and politicians," he added.
Hazare had told the rally that he would make efforts to realise the unfullfilled dream of Loknayak Jaiprakash Narayan who had launched "Sampoorna kranti" (total revolution) from the same Gandhi maidan in Patna in 1974.
Senior RJD leader and Leader of Opposition in the state Abdul Bari Siddiqui had attended Hazare's rally.
When asked, Siddiqui said that he was not impressed with the rally as it did not touch real issues like corruption prevailing in Bihar under NDA rule.
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture