Lalu Prasad observes Navratra inside Birsa Munda Central Jail
- LIVE: Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken away for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Jailed RJD chief Lalu Prasad is observing Navratra inside Birsa Munda Central Jail and has offered his puja inside it.
"Yes, he is offering puja inside the jail, its superintendent Virendra Kumar Singh said to a query.
Today is the fourth day of the Navratra, the nine-day festival which culminates in Vijaya Dashami or Dusshera.
RJD Jharkhand unit spokesman Manoj Kumar said Prasad observes Navratra every year and offered puja this year too.
Jharkhand Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh and Rural Development Minister Chandra Sekhar Dubey were among the leaders who met Prasad during the visiting hours, the jail official said.
Yadav was sentenced to five years' prison term on October 3 by a Special CBI court in a case relating to illegal withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa treasury in the fodder scam during his regime in the 1990s.
Another former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra and 43 others, including IAS officers, were also found guilty in the case.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students