Lalu Yadav is like a fish without water: Nitish Kumar
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Kumar said the demand for special status for the state arose through a resolution adopted in state assembly in 2006.
Later, the state legislative council too passed a similar resolution.
"If the Centre do not hear us on the special status demand, it will be bound to do so after 2014 general elections as the union government cannot ignore peoples voice," he added.