Lalu Yadav ups pressure on Nitish Kumar to get off Narendra Modi fence
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
With BJP top leaders declaring Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi fit for Prime Minister's post, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav today asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify his stand on the issue.
"Several senior BJP leaders have now gone public to stamp their approval for Modi's projection as the party's prime ministerial candidate. Now the onus is on Kumar to take the bait and announce his future course of action as he had promised earlier," he told reporters ahead of the public meeting during Parivartan Yatra to Madhepura district.
"Nitish must tell which ever way he will go when it has become clear that BJP is all set to project its 'communal' face (Modi) as its prime ministerial candidate," Prasad said.
The RJD supremo reminded the Chief Minister of his earlier statement that BJP should announce its prime ministerial candidate ahead of the next general elections, but the saffron party has apparently surprised Kumar by virtually declaring odi as the PM candidate too soon, and asked to respond to his earlier commitment on the issue.
Prasad also slammed the NDA government in Bihar for failure on all fronts and claimed that the people were disgusted with the them and inching to throw the ruling coalition out of power.