Lalu's 'Jamhoora' jibe leaves BJP apoplectic
- Patidar protest: Hardik Patel-led PAAS calls off 'reverse Dandi march'
- At least 80 dead in gas cylinder explosion in Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh
- Not passed any order on meat ban, only an appeal to slaughterhouses: Haryana govt
- India demolish temporary hut built by China near LAC in Ladakh
- HP: Two foreigners dead, several injured as Kalka-Shimla toy train derails
Pointing out that there is no compulsion on states to implement FDI in retail in their states, Yadav said: "Sibal ji (Communications and IT Minister Kapil Sibal) was not able to say eloquently what he wanted to convey - the stores will not open in the middle of Delhi... they need lakhs of square feet..."
"The day we see it is against national interests, RJD will set all stores on fire... With FDI there will be investment in the country... and agricultural production will go up," he added.
Yadav also used the occasion to launch a direct attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Why is the BJP''s PM candidate inviting foreign firms?" he asked.
Taking a jibe at Lal Krishna Advani, Yadav the BJP veteran now uses twitter.