Lalu's 'Jamhoora' jibe leaves BJP apoplectic
- IAF evacuates over 2,500 from Nepal; 250 feared missing after landslide
- 4,000 people, mostly Indians, to reach India in 80 buses tonight
- Nepal PM Koirala puts toll at 10,000, says rescue ops not effective
- There is no gag order on PM when abroad: Jaitley on row over Modi’s comment
- Bihar hospital puts 'Bhukamp' stickers on patients injured in the earthquake
Pointing out that there is no compulsion on states to implement FDI in retail in their states, Yadav said: "Sibal ji (Communications and IT Minister Kapil Sibal) was not able to say eloquently what he wanted to convey - the stores will not open in the middle of Delhi... they need lakhs of square feet..."
"The day we see it is against national interests, RJD will set all stores on fire... With FDI there will be investment in the country... and agricultural production will go up," he added.
Yadav also used the occasion to launch a direct attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Why is the BJP''s PM candidate inviting foreign firms?" he asked.
Taking a jibe at Lal Krishna Advani, Yadav the BJP veteran now uses twitter.
"Nescafe peene walon, poocho Advani ji se twitter ka istemal kyun kartein hain, woh videshi nahi hain kya," he said.