Lalu's 'Jamhoora' jibe leaves BJP apoplectic
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Pointing out that there is no compulsion on states to implement FDI in retail in their states, Yadav said: "Sibal ji (Communications and IT Minister Kapil Sibal) was not able to say eloquently what he wanted to convey - the stores will not open in the middle of Delhi... they need lakhs of square feet..."
"The day we see it is against national interests, RJD will set all stores on fire... With FDI there will be investment in the country... and agricultural production will go up," he added.
Yadav also used the occasion to launch a direct attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Why is the BJP''s PM candidate inviting foreign firms?" he asked.
Taking a jibe at Lal Krishna Advani, Yadav the BJP veteran now uses twitter.
"Nescafe peene walon, poocho Advani ji se twitter ka istemal kyun kartein hain, woh videshi nahi hain kya," he said.