Lalu's 'Jamhoora' jibe leaves BJP apoplectic
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Pointing out that there is no compulsion on states to implement FDI in retail in their states, Yadav said: "Sibal ji (Communications and IT Minister Kapil Sibal) was not able to say eloquently what he wanted to convey - the stores will not open in the middle of Delhi... they need lakhs of square feet..."
"The day we see it is against national interests, RJD will set all stores on fire... With FDI there will be investment in the country... and agricultural production will go up," he added.
Yadav also used the occasion to launch a direct attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Why is the BJP''s PM candidate inviting foreign firms?" he asked.
Taking a jibe at Lal Krishna Advani, Yadav the BJP veteran now uses twitter.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?