Lalu's 'Jamhoora' jibe leaves BJP apoplectic
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
Pointing out that there is no compulsion on states to implement FDI in retail in their states, Yadav said: "Sibal ji (Communications and IT Minister Kapil Sibal) was not able to say eloquently what he wanted to convey - the stores will not open in the middle of Delhi... they need lakhs of square feet..."
"The day we see it is against national interests, RJD will set all stores on fire... With FDI there will be investment in the country... and agricultural production will go up," he added.
Yadav also used the occasion to launch a direct attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Why is the BJP''s PM candidate inviting foreign firms?" he asked.
Taking a jibe at Lal Krishna Advani, Yadav the BJP veteran now uses twitter.