Lamborghini tractors to launch in India on Dec 12
- Pampore: Security forces resume operation, militants still holed up inside building
- Mohan Bhagwat's Dussehra address: What he said on Kashmir, gau rakshaks, surgical strikes
- Shopian: Grenade attack on CRPF patrolling party, two jawans injured
- Dawn journalist Almeida banned from leaving Pak after report on civilian govt-military meet
- Gunfight at Pampore: Institute under attack is Valley success story
Soon there will be a name everyone knows in fields across India. On December 12, Lamborghini will launch its luxurious tractors here as part of the Kisan agri exhibition being held at Pune.
Though the Italian brand Lamborghini is usually associated with sports cars, its tractors have a longer history since they were launched in mid 1950s, even before the cars. The tractor brands has been owned by the SDF Group since 1973.
In India the tractors are manufactured at SDF's plant in Ranipet, primarily for export. The plant is a global production hub for many of SDF's internationally renowned tractor models including Deutz-Fahr.
Lamborghini tractors have the potential to change the way India's view farm vehicles. Initially, the plan is to target rich farmers, golf courses, vine yards, cricket stadium and luxury resorts.
- HIV Bill offers steps to end discrimination & ensure equality for affected groups
- Compensation to Dadri lynching accused family has turned principle of justice on its head
- Political & policy discourse in India & US point to different futures
- Strategists must know its India policy stems from false religious antagonism
- Cultural practice does not recognise borders
- As an emerging leader in development cooperation, India needs apt infrastructure