Lamborghini tractors to launch in India on Dec 12
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Soon there will be a name everyone knows in fields across India. On December 12, Lamborghini will launch its luxurious tractors here as part of the Kisan agri exhibition being held at Pune.
Though the Italian brand Lamborghini is usually associated with sports cars, its tractors have a longer history since they were launched in mid 1950s, even before the cars. The tractor brands has been owned by the SDF Group since 1973.
In India the tractors are manufactured at SDF's plant in Ranipet, primarily for export. The plant is a global production hub for many of SDF's internationally renowned tractor models including Deutz-Fahr.
Lamborghini tractors have the potential to change the way India's view farm vehicles. Initially, the plan is to target rich farmers, golf courses, vine yards, cricket stadium and luxury resorts.