Lamborghini tractors to launch in India on Dec 12
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Soon there will be a name everyone knows in fields across India. On December 12, Lamborghini will launch its luxurious tractors here as part of the Kisan agri exhibition being held at Pune.
Though the Italian brand Lamborghini is usually associated with sports cars, its tractors have a longer history since they were launched in mid 1950s, even before the cars. The tractor brands has been owned by the SDF Group since 1973.
In India the tractors are manufactured at SDF's plant in Ranipet, primarily for export. The plant is a global production hub for many of SDF's internationally renowned tractor models including Deutz-Fahr.
Lamborghini tractors have the potential to change the way India's view farm vehicles. Initially, the plan is to target rich farmers, golf courses, vine yards, cricket stadium and luxury resorts.