Lamborghini tractors to launch in India on Dec 12
- Kansas shooting: Indian employee of Garmin, Srinivas Kuchibhotla, becomes victim of racial attack
- Maharashtra civic polls 2017: Behind BJP’s art of winning, there’s craft too
- UP polls 2017: Many sing Akhilesh Yadav’s praise but not all of them will put their vote where their mouth is
- Kalikho Pul note: Cautious Centre says can’t besmirch reputations by ordering probe
- Ramjas Scare: Drama fest called off over ‘anti-national’ charge
Soon there will be a name everyone knows in fields across India. On December 12, Lamborghini will launch its luxurious tractors here as part of the Kisan agri exhibition being held at Pune.
Though the Italian brand Lamborghini is usually associated with sports cars, its tractors have a longer history since they were launched in mid 1950s, even before the cars. The tractor brands has been owned by the SDF Group since 1973.
In India the tractors are manufactured at SDF's plant in Ranipet, primarily for export. The plant is a global production hub for many of SDF's internationally renowned tractor models including Deutz-Fahr.
Lamborghini tractors have the potential to change the way India's view farm vehicles. Initially, the plan is to target rich farmers, golf courses, vine yards, cricket stadium and luxury resorts.
- Once you start marching to tune of ‘Left Right, Left Right’, you’re mostly marching, not thinking critically
- Defence establishment must restructure itself, develop indigenous manufacturing
- In a post-Trump world, India can be an example of plural values
- The neta has become the anti-hero, mirroring a larger loss of faith in politics
- For IPL franchises, market considerations are as important as talent
- Demonetisation shows India’s social welfare measures like MGNREGS to be worryingly patchy