Lance Armstrong didn't need to dope : Michele Ferrari
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Lance Armstrong's former doctor Michele Ferrari says the disgraced American cyclist could have been just as successful without doping.
Armstrong said in last week's interview with Oprah Winfrey that winning seven Tour de France titles would have been impossible without banned drugs.
However, on Ferrari's website Tuesday, the Italian doctor wrote."I think Lance is wrong.'' Ferrari describes the effects of testosterone, EPO and blood transfusions, and says that had Armstrong taken testosterone in the manner and amount described by his former teammates, it would have simply had a 'placebo effect."
He adds 'Armstrong would have achieved the same level of performance without resorting to doping, also thanks to his talent which was far superior to the rivals of his era.'' Ferrari has been banned for life from the sport.