Land Bill back in Lok Sabha for fresh approval
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The Land Acquisition Bill, which was passed by Rajya Sabha last night, was today returned to Lok Sabha to seek its approval for the fresh amendments passed by the Upper House.
Lok Sabha Secretary General A Bal Shekar informed the House that the Rajya Sabha has returned the bill with amendments. The fresh amendments include one on dilution of retrospective clause with regard to acquisition of land for irrigation projects.
The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2012, which got the nod of Lok Sabha last week, was passed by Upper House by 131-10 votes with four new official amendments, proposed by opposition parties, including BJP.