Land deals: Former Padra mamlatdar arrested, sent to 4-day police remand
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Though Bharambe is on the run for the last one week, he has filed for anticipatory bail in the district and sessions court.
A 2005-batch revenue officer, Srivastav was posted at Padra as mamlatdar from 2007 to 2009. After complaints of irregularities in land deals, a departmental inquiry was initiated against her and she was found guilty, as a result of which she was suspended. She was reinstated in June last year and was posted as extra chitnis.
But now the state revenue department has transferred her to Palanpur in Sabarkantha district.