Landslide buries about 30 people in Colombia
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
A landslide buried about 30 people on a highway in northwestern Colombia, authorities said, adding it was unlikely there would be survivors found.
"It has been confirmed that about 30 people have been buried in the rubble from this landslide (in Antioquia department), which is quite large," John Rendon, Antioquia's disaster prevention chief told AFP.
A torrent of 100,000 cubic metres (3.5 million cubic feet) of earth swept onto a highway in the town of Giraldo, which leads to the city of Medellin, Rendon said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18