laptop distribution from March 11
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will launch the distribution of free laptops to school students from Lucknow on March 11, District Magistrate Anurag Yadav said on Monday. "The function will be held at Colvin College grounds and nearly 10,000 laptops will be distributed," he said. The institutions whose students will get the laptops include Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Law University, Netaji Subhash Government Girls PG College, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Government Girls PG College, Mahamaya Government Degree College, Maharaj Bijli Pasi Government PG College, Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Aeronautical Training Institute, King George Medical University, Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow University, Karamat Hussain Muslim Girls P G College, National P G College, A P Sen Memorial Girls P G College, Kalicharan P G College, Navyug Kanya P G College, GBTU's Faculty of Architecture, and Government ITI at Aliganj.