laptop distribution from March 11
- India goes to poll in 9 phases between April 7 and May 12; counting on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will launch the distribution of free laptops to school students from Lucknow on March 11, District Magistrate Anurag Yadav said on Monday. "The function will be held at Colvin College grounds and nearly 10,000 laptops will be distributed," he said. The institutions whose students will get the laptops include Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Law University, Netaji Subhash Government Girls PG College, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Government Girls PG College, Mahamaya Government Degree College, Maharaj Bijli Pasi Government PG College, Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Aeronautical Training Institute, King George Medical University, Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow University, Karamat Hussain Muslim Girls P G College, National P G College, A P Sen Memorial Girls P G College, Kalicharan P G College, Navyug Kanya P G College, GBTU's Faculty of Architecture, and Government ITI at Aliganj.