'Largest' Kuchipudi dance finds way into Guinness Book
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
A performance by 5,974 Kuchipudi dancers here has found its way into the Guinness Book of World Records for being the 'largest Kuchipudi dance'.
The artists of different ages performed to different songs at a time to set the record as part of the 3rd International Kuchipudi Dance Convention here last night.
The event was organised by Silicon Andhra, a cultural organisation run by US-based Telugus, at the GMC Balayogi stadium here.
A representative of the Guinness Book, who observed the event said it was the largest Kuchipudi dance.
The record participation of dancers is the result of painstaking efforts made by the organisers during the last few months.
Kuchipudi, the 600-year-old dance form, originated in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh.